Our office in Sheridan, WY, recommends dental implants for replacing missing and damaged teeth. They provide patients with the most health benefits, and they ensure both restored oral function and a beautiful smile. They can be used in a variety of restoration treatments, and our oral surgeons can tailor your tooth replacement to fit your specific needs.
What are dental implants?
They are a uniquely designed solution to minor and major tooth loss. Their three-part design mimics the function and appearance of natural teeth.
- The implant post is the first piece of the restoration. We place the post into the empty tooth socket, where it will fuse with the jaw bone and create the support needed for the abutment and crown.
- The abutment is the second part, and it is designed to attach to the post and connect it to the crown.
- The crown is the final piece, and it will be custom designed to match your natural teeth before being attached. Once the restoration is complete, your dental implants will be indistinguishable.
What are some of the benefits?
While there are many options available for tooth replacement, such as bridges, flippers, and dentures, many of those options come with significant disadvantages. Bridges require the grinding down of healthy teeth, and none of these options help preserve your oral health.
In contrast, dental implants provide a multitude of benefits, including
- An easy care routine – They require the same simple care as the rest of your teeth. Brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and attending regular checkups at the dentist will help you maintain the health of your new teeth.
- The potential to last a lifetime – If they are properly cared for, they are the only solution that offers you permanence. Other restoration options typically require replacement after several years of wear and tear.
- Prevention of bone loss – The jaw bone remains healthy and strong because it receives stimulation from teeth roots during chewing. When teeth are missing, the bone begins to deteriorate because it lacks this stimulation. Dental implants replace the entire tooth, including the root, which helps maintain the health of your jaw.
- Preservation of tooth alignment – When teeth are missing, it’s common for adjacent teeth to shift into the empty space. Your new teeth will prevent other teeth from doing so and maintain your proper tooth alignment.
How do I know they’re the right solution?
If you have missing or damaged teeth, dental implants are the best choice for replacement. To find out if you are a healthy enough candidate to receive them, you can visit our office in Sheridan, WY, for a consultation appointment. After your doctor thoroughly examines your condition, health history, and 3D scans, he will develop a plan for moving forward with treatment.
Treatment typically involves two appointments – one surgical and one follow-up. If your teeth have been missing for an extended length of time, you may require an additional appointment for a bone grafting procedure. In some cases, a bone graft can be placed at the same time as your implant surgery. At your surgical appointment, your doctor will administer your anesthesia and place the first place of the implant, the post.
Over the next several months, the post will integrate with the jaw bone while you heal. Once the integration is complete, you will return for the attachment of the abutment and prosthetic crown.
Advanced Implant Technology
Billings Oral Surgery is proud to introduce the newest X-ray technology into our practice, specially designed for dental implant patients. The X-Guide Dynamic 3D Navigation is a guided implant system that works with our cone beam imaging to enhance its technology and provide precise placement of dental implants. A high level of implant accuracy is achieved through the X-Guide, which allows your oral surgeon greater control over the position, angle, and depth of the dental implant as it’s being placed. In addition, the X-Guide’s software makes it easy to plan the implants’ optimal position ahead of time to ensure every patient receives their best smile. Together with our experienced oral surgeons, the X-Guide is designed to help you achieve a smile that enables you to feel safe, comfortable, and confident.
What types of prostheses are available in Sheridan, WY?
Various restoration treatments utilize implant technology. For single tooth replacement, a single prosthesis (crown) is used. Crowns can also be used to replace multiple teeth individually. Fixed bridges are also available for multiple tooth replacement, which rely on just a couple implants to support a bridge that replaces several teeth at once. Similar to a fixed bridge, an over-denture can be used in multiple tooth replacement, but it is removable. Rather than be screwed onto the implant base, an over-denture snaps on.
You can learn more about all of your treatment options for missing and damaged teeth by contacting our team in Sheridan, WY. Our highly trained and friendly staff will answer any questions you have and help you schedule your initial appointment. We look forward to treating you and providing optimal care and results.